B&M covered hopper 5599 / KCEX #119

akerboomk

According to Tim Gilbert, B&M covered hopper 5599 (purchased by the B&M 1954, later renumbered 010) was ex-KCEX #119, built "1916" (!!! pretty sure that's a typo)
I can't find those reporting marks in my 1953 ORER, nor (according to the web) their owner (Kazco Enterprises Inc.)

Does anyone have any info on this car?
--
Ken Akerboom

akerboomk

It was KEPX 119 (not KCEX)
I can't find who owned those reporting marks.
--
Ken Akerboom

David

1916 might be correct for the build date, if the car was converted from a conventional hopper. Would probably need to find a photo to speculate on the origins.

David Thompson

Donald B. Valentine <riverman_vt@...>

     Nor is there any listing back as far as July 1947.  Something might

be off in Tim’s notes.

My best, Don Valentine

Sent from Mail for Windows 10