Topics

[Espee] Photos: S.P. Boxcar 84993 / route cards

Eric Hansmann

I’ve applied route cards, placards, and remnants to many freight cars in my fleet. Here’s a blog post with details and images.

Tony Thompson’s blogposts about these details inspire the work. I would have hardly given them much notice on prototype images had I not read Tony’s posts.

I model 1926 when many freight cars had wood sheathing, so these details become more important to reflect the prototype.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

Bill Welch

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 09:28 PM, Todd Sullivan wrote:

Well, Bill, I couldn't resist replying to that one. Canopy cement (or Hob-e-Tak which I use) is hte answer.  Apply a very small dot on the car side, apply the decal mostly dry, do not use setting solution, then remove the decal when desired!

Todd Sullivan

Cannot wait to see photos Todd.

Bill Welch

Todd Sullivan

Bill Welch said,
"I think little bit of decals would do the trick ... However not sure how to make them removable."