Topics

A better pin vise [Starrett]

Nolan Hinshaw

On Jul 22, 2020, at 11:32, Richard Brennan <rbrennan@tt-west.com> wrote:

Here is the Starrett Catalog page... with all their pin vise sizes and model numbers.
Ah, yes - those are the ones chuckable in something larger, like a sensitive press... I had one in my hands once, in a friend's shop[0], while I was working on the chassis of a 3.5" gauge TICH.

[0] well before i had a shop or some decent tools of my own

Richard Brennan

At 01:24 PM 7/21/2020, Allen Cain wrote:
Amazon sells the Starrett in two sizes. <snip>
Here is the Starrett Catalog page... with all their pin vise sizes and model numbers.
One document online shows the 166A design dates from at least 1938... No wonder we find them in our fathers' / grandfathers' tool cases!
Starrett even sells PARTS!!!

Richard Brennan - San Leandro CA