From: Mont Switzer <MSwitzer@...>
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Jul 28, 2020 11:20 am
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] some steam era work train equipment images

John,

It seems that an empty tender would be pretty light for a snow plow so did they fill the cistern and coal (or oil) bunker with sand or some other heavy material.

As a side note, according to the Monon equipment diagrams, their scale test car had concrete blocks in it to adjust the weight.

Mont

Montford L. Switzer
President
Switzer Tank Lines, Inc.