Topics

Salt tank cars 1926

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Friends,

Myles Salt Company had a mine and works on Weeks Island In Louisiana. Apparently this was a major operation, and an internet search brings up lots of images of their ads and packaging. The company was sold to Morton in 1947, and the mine is still in operation. While there are nofreifght cars shown, a biographical page on one of the owners has several photos of the mine and associated plants: http://www.foertmeyer.com/SpringGrove/card76.html

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Sun, Jul 26, 2020 at 10:17 AM Thomas Evans via groups.io <tomkevans=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I don't think any of you have posted these interesting salt tank cars from 1926

http://images.indianahistory.org/cdm/singleitem/collection/p16797coll21/id/94/rec/87

Tom E.

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi Tom,

Nice that you noticed these - we did discuss these cars briefly back in 2018, see dates and message numbers below (as found in the GROUPS.IO archive for this list)

Salt Tank Cars By Ralph W. Brown · #155780 · 03/10/18
Salt Tank Cars from 1926 By rwitt_2000 · #155766 · 03/10/18
Claus Schlund