Topics

Photo: Seamless Pipe Fitting Load On GN Flat Car 60031 (1956)

earlyrail

One of six
60002, 60011, 60013, 60017, 60018,  & 60031
Center about 2 '2" deep

mopacfirst

I'm not exactly sure what this load is, perhaps part of a press for forming seamless pipe fittings, which are formed from seamless pipe.  It's probably on its side for shipment.  Seamless pipe fittings would usually be stacked and banded on a pallet, if small enough, and probably shipped in boxcars.  I agree this is probably a well hole flatcar.

Ron Merrick

Bob Chaparro

Photo: Seamless Pipe Fitting Load On GN Flat Car 60031 (1956)

A photo from the Wisconsin Historical Society:

https://www.wisconsinhistory.org/Records/Image/IM49938

Appears to be a well hole flat car.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA