Topics

Erie 82000-82499

mopacfirst

Aha.  I had assumed it was a trade name of another manufacturer.  Here it is --  http://rr-fallenflags.org/el/frt/erie82121b.jpg

Ron Merrick

brianleppert@att.net

Ron, the "Dual Control" truck is the National B-1.  Attached is a page from the 1943 CBC.

Brian Leppert
Tahoe Model Works
Carson City, NV

mopacfirst

Updating my own post --

After looking at the Branchline truck, I'm going to go with the Tahoe 213 Barber S-2.  Not only is it a better truck, but the coil spacing looks more like this one.

Ron Merrick

mopacfirst

Mike:

Yes, this answers the question, and raises a couple more.  The last two are well-known, but I don't know what the first two looked like.  My reference to the National B-1 was in error, from a different series of Erie cars that I saw on rr-fallenflags.

Here's the one that's the most relevant:    http://rr-fallenflags.org/el/frt/erie82051jpC.jpg

I have a few trucks that look like this, including the one that was in a lot of the Branchline kits (similar to the Barber), so I'll go with this one.

Ron Merrick

Schleigh Mike

Hi Ron!

There are four sub-groups by truck style for ERIE 82000-82499

    82000-82099    Railway Truck Corp "Snug-Up"
    82100-82249    Dual Control
    82250-82399    ASF A-3 Ride Control
    82400-82499    Barber S-2 Stabilized

This is per the RR's 1946 diagram.  I have no direct information after 1960 but the ELHS issued diagram book with a 1965 date has no change to this detail on the same diagram.  By this date 386 cars from this and other groups had been upgraded and renumbered into the 70250-71504 group in a 1963-1964 Meadville Program.

Hope this helps!

Mike Schleigh in Grove City, Penna.

On Monday, July 27, 2020, 05:19:27 PM EDT, mopacfirst <ron.merrick@...> wrote:

What trucks were under these cars, especially in the 60s era?

Photos on line show National B-1, ASF S-3, and Barber or something similar.

Ron Merrick

mopacfirst