Topics

Vallejo box car red from micro-Mark

Donald B. Valentine

    Frankly I am so pleased to have Tru-Color paint available in even more colors

than my late friend George Bishop provided for us in his line of Accu-Paint that is

the exact same paint from the same supplier that George used after Floquil tried to

give him a hard time. I know that story all to well and never bought Floquil after

that. Tru-Color has expanded the line and offers the same great paint I’ve used since

George first offered it as the new form of Accu-Paint. Even Gordon Cannon used the

same Accu-Paint in Erie-Lackawanna Gray to paint all samples of his products before

photographing them for advertising purposes, suggesting that I do the same with the

NERS “Pullman Parts” line, many of which he cut the molds for and did the molding

before his untimely loss. So why put up with the hassle of trying to figure out what color

you are really getting when some supplier sells the same paint to several other sellers

each of whom put a different label on it? This is nonsense. I’ve never had such trouble

Tru-color and have been very pleased with the way it handles and helps me keep the

freight cars of my choice rolling our of the car shop properly painted. I’ve know very

few modelers who have learned how to use Tru-Color properly who have ever been

satisfied with any other model paint they have tried on resin or styrene models. Try it.

Learn how to use it properly and you’ll swear by it.

    No, I have no financial involvement with Tru-Color but would be lost without it.

Cordially, Don Valentine

Jim Hayes

I do my on-line shopping at Burbank House of Hobbies. Vallejo is the the same price as Sprue Bros and their shipping cost are reasonable, at least to me. I usually buy 3-4 bottles when I order. Their search engine is crap though. It usually comes up with about 900-1000 matches but the one you want is among the 1st.

    Jim

Kai Solvei

Thanks, good to know.

Here are two others:
MicroMark Depot Buff 29027X2 = Vallejo 71.107 US Interior yellow
MicroMark Steam power black 29012X2 = Vallejo 71.251 NATO Black

Kai Solvei
Norway