Topics

Freight car progress

Donald B. Valentine

    Train Miniature sill of not look at the brake platform. It looks like some sort of stamped or

cast platform with a curve on the outer edge the is bent downward I presume to give it more

strength as the “shelf brackets” that hold it do not extend to the outer edge.  Perfectly reasonable

design but I don’t recall ever seeing it used before.

Cordially, Don Valentine

O Fenton Wells

Inquiring mind wanted to know
Thanks

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 1:06 PM Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:
Fenton,

The BR&P became part of the B&O on January 1, 1933.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On Aug 6, 2020, at 12:04 PM, O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...> wrote:

Eric when did the BR&P disappear and into which railroad did it get absorbed by?
Fenton

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 1:01 PM Eric Hansmann <eric@...> wrote:
And the TM cars are 40-ft while all the BR&P prototypes were 36-ft cars.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On Aug 6, 2020, at 11:53 AM, Benjamin Hom <b.hom@...> wrote:

Gary Laakso wrote:
"The bottom sill sure has the ear marks of a Train Miniature boxcar."

...except the one on BR&P 4500 is inset, and the one on the Train-Miniature DS boxcar protrudes beyond the sheathing, making the model look wrong.

Ben Hom

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

Brian Carlson

Not Eric, but B&O in 1932. Sitting at my desk in Buffalo, the B in BR&P

Brian J. Carlson

Gary Laakso wrote:
"The bottom sill sure has the ear marks of a Train Miniature boxcar."

...except the one on BR&P 4500 is inset, and the one on the Train-Miniature DS boxcar protrudes beyond the sheathing, making the model look wrong.

Ben Hom

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd
Pinehurst NC 28374
910-420-8106
srrfan1401@...

Eric Hansmann

Thank you, Keith! I bought a print of #4500 from you about 15 years ago. It inspired the MDC conversion.

BTW, I have your photo catalog from then. Are the listings still current? If so, can you send me your updated prices in an off-list email? I need to catch up on several prints.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On Aug 6, 2020, at 10:10 AM, Keith Retterer <rettererk56@...> wrote:

The BR&P boxcar photos I have are the builder's photos from 1909 and 1914.  I don't have any in-service 1920's photos.  But here are the two from the SSCC photographer in Butler, PA.
<edited SSCC-455.jpg>
<edited SSCC-660.jpg>

O Fenton Wells

Gary Laakso wrote:
"The bottom sill sure has the ear marks of a Train Miniature boxcar."

...except the one on BR&P 4500 is inset, and the one on the Train-Miniature DS boxcar protrudes beyond the sheathing, making the model look wrong.

Ben Hom

Benjamin Hom

Gary Laakso wrote:
"The bottom sill sure has the ear marks of a Train Miniature boxcar."

...except the one on BR&P 4500 is inset, and the one on the Train-Miniature DS boxcar protrudes beyond the sheathing, making the model look wrong.

Ben Hom
_._,_._,_

gary laakso

The bottom sill sure has the ear marks of a Train Minatare boxcar.

Gary Laakso

Northwest of Mike Brock

The BR&P boxcar photos I have are the builder's photos from 1909 and 1914.  I don't have any in-service 1920's photos.  But here are the two from the SSCC photographer in Butler, PA.

Keith Retterer

The BR&P boxcar photos I have are the builder's photos from 1909 and 1914.  I don't have any in-service 1920's photos.  But here are the two from the SSCC photographer in Butler, PA.

Keith Retterer

Mine is the "Time-Out Tray".

radiodial868

"Drawer of Disappointments"   I like that phrase.
Mine is more like a "Penalty Box"  It is a shelf by the bench where I can place "those who do not cooperate" and let the subconscious work on solutions. I try and never let the penalty box exceed 2 cars before buckling down and getting them past their sticking point.
RJ Dial

Mendocino, CA

Eric Hansmann

I've summarized a few recent projects in my latest blog post. Most are freight cars, except for a cool model of a 1918 truck. Here's the direct link.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN