Topics

Mid 1920s 3/3/3 dreadnaught end

Robert kirkham

Yes - I’m planning on doing one of each car type Colin.  The offset door cars and the centered door cars.

Rob

On Sep 5, 2020, at 6:43 AM, Kemal Mumcu via groups.io <kemal_mumcu@...> wrote:

I think I know the car you are thinking about. Is it the "minibox autocars" built around the same time as the regular minibox?

I always thought I'd take the spare dreadnought ends from the minibox kits, cut them up and reposition them to make the correct ends.

Colin Meikle

Kemal Mumcu

I think I know the car you are thinking about. Is it the "minibox autocars" built around the same time as the regular minibox?

I always thought I'd take the spare dreadnought ends from the minibox kits, cut them up and reposition them to make the correct ends.

Colin Meikle

Paul Krueger

You can get Roundhouse shells here for $1 each, plus shipping.

http://www.gallowayenterprise.com/

Paul Krueger
Seattle, WA

Andy Carlson

Rob-
I have molds for the WP/MP/T&P SS double door autocar, same prototype as the MDC kit. Mine has no molded on grabs and brake gear. I could cast you a polyurethane pair if that could be helpful for you.

Contact me off-list if you are interested at <midcentury@...>.
Regards,
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

On Friday, September 4, 2020, 7:28:45 PM PDT, Robert kirkham <rdkirkham@...> wrote:

Looking for a part for a model part (HO scale) - an inward protruding dreadnaught end with 3/3/3 configuration.  The design is mid to late 1920s.

I’m wondering if I may need a sacrificial MDC roundhouse 50’ single sheathed car, but hoping there is something I do not need to destroy.

If that is the best option, wondering if anyone knows where an undecorated model can be had.

Rob Kirkham
_._,_._,_

Robert kirkham