From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of John Mateyko <rattler21@...>
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2020 12:18 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] BAR Caboose (was: Banned from Interchange)

is this converted from a troop sleeper?  john Mateyko

John Mateyko

is this converted from a troop sleeper?  john Mateyko

Mont Switzer

Monon left them on troop kitchen cars converted to storage mail cars after they were placed in MofW service.

Those still in passenger service after 1959 got ASF A3s.  I have one photo of a car after 1959 that had not yet been converted.

Mont Switzer

Quite a few railroads did keep Allied Full-Cushion Trucks running for a loooooong time in on-line service. The attached photo of a BAR caboose (in preservation at Tilton, New Hampshire. by the time I found it) shows this. I also saw C&O MW cars up with Allied trucks still in use up into the 1990s.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford