Topics

Photo: NYC Boxcar 257799

lrkdbn

Yes, it was rebuilt by Ryan- #257799 was in a Ryan ad in the 1922 CBD, along with a really neat rebuild of a King patent hopper car, also for NYC. The Lsection trucks I agree were probably original.
Larry King

Dave Parker

Lot 292-B was ex-LS&MS 89000-89999 before renumbering into NYC 257000-257999.  I can't read the rebuilder's stencil, but Ryan (Chicago) is what's in the caption of a copy I received from Ray Breyer.  The NYCL had several other shorty series of 1000 cars each as candidates for comprising the other half of that order.

The rebuild included the Murphy roof and ends (the "innie" variety).  I'm less sure about the rucks.  They look like L-section Andrews, and could well have been original in 1912.
--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA

ROGER HINMAN

I read the logo as Ryan Car Company, they did get an order to rebuild 2000 box cars from NYC in 1922. My notes show this as PSC built Lot 292-B in 1912.

Roger Hinman

On Nov 6, 2020, at 3:15 PM, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Photo: NYC Boxcar 257799
A photo from the National Archives of Canada:
This photo can be enlarged quite a bit.
Car built in 1912
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA