Topics

Photo: WFEX Reefer 67899(1951)

mopacfirst

One more piece of information.  The ORERs that I checked were 1955, 59 and 65.

RG7

mopacfirst

Interesting series of cars.  Has square-corner 4-4 ends, looks almost exactly like the PFE R-40-10.  (Or, the Intermountain model).  I'm sure there are people on this list who already know this, but it's good to see.

Car was shopped 7-51, but I have to assume it's of the same vintage as the PFE car, and the similar (except for sides) ART car, namely late thirties.

I see in the ORERs a series 67895-67999, with varying numbers of cars from 24 to 65 or so, (guessing) accounted for by some being under lease?

Ron Merrick

Link to download the full resolution scan.

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/utils/ajaxhelper/?CISOROOT=p15330coll22&CISOPTR=55050&action=2&DMSCALE=100&DMWIDTH=7000&DMHEIGHT=600081

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of "Bob Chaparro via groups.io" <chiefbobbb@...>
Date: Thursday, November 19, 2020 at 12:28 PM
To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Photo: WFEX Reefer 67899(1951)

Photo: WFEX Reefer 67899(1951)

A photo from the Denver Public Library:

https://digital.denverlibrary.org/digital/collection/p15330coll22/id/55050/rec/124

Click on the arrows in the upper right hand corner of the photo to enlarge it and scroll to enlarge it further.

Interestingly, this car does not have placard boards on the end or car side.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet

Bob Chaparro