Topics

K4 Decals

brianleppert@att.net

Those trucks are made by Tangent Scale Models.

Brian Leppert
Tahoe Model Works
Carson City, NV

Chuck Cover

Thanks for the kind words John.  I am not sure whose trucks are on the NC&StL boxcar.  I have a supply of different trucks that I look through with each build and try to match what I see for the prototype.

Years ago, I also had a box of Kilgore trucks.  They were great and very smooth and free rolling.

Chuck Cover

Santa Fe, NM

_._,_._,_

golden1014

Hi Chuck, are those Kilgore trucks???  I used to have a whole bunch of them back in the 1980s.  Great model--one of a kind.

John Golden

O Fenton Wells

Chuck, Ted Culotta did this car with a kitbash in his latest PRM. It’s worth a read if you haven’t seen it
Fenton

On Nov 24, 2020, at 9:45 AM, Chuck Cover <chuck.cover@...> wrote:

Thanks Paul,

I had been looking for this 36’ boxcar kit for a long time.  For weathering I use mostly artist acrylic paints in thin washes which makes it easier to control the amount of tint that is applied over the base freight car color.

Chuck Cover

Santa Fe, NM

That’s a really nice model I like the weathering and reverse Hutchins ends.

Paul Doggett.   England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Bill McClure

Lovely model, Chuck.

Bill

Paul Doggett

Chuck

That’s a really nice model I like the weathering and reverse Hutchins ends.

Paul Doggett.   England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 23 Nov 2020, at 23:42, Chuck Cover <chuck.cover@...> wrote:

I just finished working on a Sunshine NC&StL 36' rebuilt boxcar.  When decaling the yellow stripes, the Sunshine decals fell apart.  I decided to order the K4 decals for the 40' NC&StL boxcar to try to use the yellow stripes on the Sunshine model.  This was my first experience with K4 and I found them easy to use and they did a nice job covering the Youngstown doors.  I used the kit's lettering to finish the car.

I have not seen much discussion of the K4 decals.  Have others used them and what has been your experience?

Thanks

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM

Attachments:

Dan Sweeney Jr

Nice looking model!  Wondering how many other builders ran the retainer pipe straight down astride the end ladder.  Sure would make it easier to model.

Dave Parker

There are some 52 individual messages concerning K4 decals in our archives.  Not sure if this qualifies as "much" discussion.
--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA

O Fenton Wells

I use them and they are very good.
Fenton

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 6:42 PM Chuck Cover <chuck.cover@...> wrote:
I just finished working on a Sunshine NC&StL 36' rebuilt boxcar.  When decaling the yellow stripes, the Sunshine decals fell apart.  I decided to order the K4 decals for the 40' NC&StL boxcar to try to use the yellow stripes on the Sunshine model.  This was my first experience with K4 and I found them easy to use and they did a nice job covering the Youngstown doors.  I used the kit's lettering to finish the car.

I have not seen much discussion of the K4 decals.  Have others used them and what has been your experience?

Thanks

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM

--