Topics

Union Pacific Armour Yellow Paint

Tony Thompson

Something I've always wondered about...
Is it called Armour Yellow because it was the color Armour painted their reefers, back before there was a PFE?

      The 1920s UP color chip set shows both Armour Yellow and PFE yellow on it, though the two were similar.

Tony Thompson

lrkdbn

Guess I should have read the link before running my mouth...
Larry King

lrkdbn

Something I've always wondered about...
Is it called Armour Yellow because it was the color Armour painted their reefers, back before there was a PFE?
Larry King

Bob Chaparro

Union Pacific Armour Yellow Paint

Courtesy of Dave Husman, this is a link to a monograph of Union Pacific Armour Yellow Paint on the UtahRails.net website:

https://utahrails.net/up/armour-yellow.php

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA