Topics

TRAINLIFE site issues - used to be Car ID just for fun

Josh

The magazine archives are hosted on a different server from the main retail website and sometimes it disconnects. Usually the solution is to reset the server.

Due to the Black Friday/Cyber Week sales rush the company's four employees are rushing to ship orders in a timely manner so the magazine archive is low in priority.

Bob Thompson

Further to the Trainlife magazine issue I emailed them a couple of days ago and they responded that they had fixed the problem but it was broken again. I assume they are working on it.

Bob Thompson
North Saanich, BC

Ed Shoben

Claus-

This is great!  How did you ever figure it out?

For those looking for Railway Model Journal and Prototype Modeler, the three letter abbreviations are rmj and ptm, respectively. I found with the latter that using the first of two months worked, i.e. “05” for the “May-June” issue.

Thanks again.

Ed Shoben

Drew Bunn

It may be possible to go old school and access the parent directory with an FTP client, if you can find one..

On Mon., Nov. 30, 2020, 13:09 Ken Adams, <smadanek44g@...> wrote:
It appears not all issues are in the wp-content folder.
--
Ken Adams

Ken Adams

It appears not all issues are in the wp-content folder.
--
Ken Adams

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

I too have has much trouble accessing the TRAINLIFE site.

One work-around that I have found, that appears to work as of this current moment, is to build a URL that is based around the example shown below...

Clicking on the above URL will take you to the May 1991 issue of Model Railroading from the TRAINLIFE site. As mentioned, this appears to work as of the moment, even though the 'normal' access to the site is currently down

Note that the URL has a four digit year and a two digit month near the end just before the period. By altering this year and month to what you want, you can access other back issues of Model Railroading

I imagine if you know the correct three-letter code to substitute for "mrr" in the example URL you may be able to access other magazines besides Model Railroading

Hope this helps

Claus Schlund