From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of George
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2020 3:24 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] GATX Tank Cars (1960)

Interesting.  I don't see any rails underneath these cars.

George York

George

Interesting.  I don't see any rails underneath these cars.

George York

Tom Madden

The front trucks on the third and fourth cars from the near end look to be sitting at an odd angle - derailed??

Tom Madden

Jim Betz

Bob,
  This image is from the 60's.  In addition, these tanks had been sitting right
where they are for quite some time ... notice how little evidence there is of
the rails between/below the wheels.  Or else there had been a recent and
very strong wind storm that piled up a lot of 'stuff' where the rails are
supposed to be.
                                                                                           - Jim

Bob Chaparro

GATX Tank Cars (1960)

A photo from the Cornell University Library:

https://digital.library.cornell.edu/catalog/ss:20988495

Photo can be enlarged quite a bit.

Good top detail on the first two cars.

Bob Chaparro