From: Eric Hansmann <eric@...>
Date: 12/29/20 8:33 AM (GMT-10:00)
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] SLSF 53395

At first glance, this looks like a USRA gondola, but it isn't. Dreadnaught ends were developed later and the Frisco USRA coal gons were originally in the 85000-85999 series.

This car might be a USRA-derived clone that was built later in the 1920s with the dreadnaught ends, or an original car has been rebuilt with the dreadnaught ends and renumbered. I don't know enough about the Frisco freigh car fleet to make a definitive statement.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On 12/28/2020 6:21 PM Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io <schuyler.larrabee@...> wrote:

Looks to me that the photo may have been taken on account of the upper layers sliding a little too freely, especially the far stack.

Schuyler