Topics

RE

jerryglow2

It occurred to me I never mentioned I have decals for the Birchfield boilers. Contact me at jerryglow at comcast dot net 

WILLIAM PARDIE

Seeling Contact

Earlier on the year there was a photo on this list of a WP flat car with a load of Birchfield boilers.  A gentleman on the list alerted me to models of these boilers from a company called Multi Scale Digital.  We exchanged several emails and I am afraid I have lost the contact.

I have obtained a little more information and I hope that he might contact me.

Bill Pardie
Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 12/29/20 8:33 AM (GMT-10:00)
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] SLSF 53395

At first glance, this looks like a USRA gondola, but it isn't. Dreadnaught ends were developed later and the Frisco USRA coal gons were originally in the 85000-85999 series.

This car might be a USRA-derived clone that was built later in the 1920s with the dreadnaught ends, or an original car has been rebuilt with the dreadnaught ends and renumbered. I don't know enough about the Frisco freigh car fleet to make a definitive statement.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On 12/28/2020 6:21 PM Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io <schuyler.larrabee@...> wrote:

Looks to me that the photo may have been taken on account of the upper layers sliding a little too freely, especially the far stack.

Schuyler

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Nelson
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2020 3:12 PM
To: STMFC <RealSTMFC@groups.io>
Subject: [RealSTMFC] SLSF 53395

Large close up of loaded gondola, Chicago, late 40’s.

https://portal-ccc.s3.amazonaws.com/media/images/newberry/83/x05xj2r.jpg

Dave Nelson