Photo: El Paso & Southwestern Automobile Boxcar 20302[?] (Undated)

Bob Chaparro

Photo: El Paso & Southwestern Automobile Boxcar 20302[?] (Undated)

A photo from the Denver Public Library:

https://digital.denverlibrary.org/digital/collection/p15330coll22/id/16921/rec/6

Click on the double-headed arrow and then scroll to enlarge the image.

Wreck in Colorado.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Eric Hansmann

That CB&Q boxcar is wearing some great chalk marks!

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On Dec 31, 2020, at 3:41 PM, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Photo: El Paso & Southwestern Automobile Boxcar 20302[?] (Undated)

A photo from the Denver Public Library:

https://digital.denverlibrary.org/digital/collection/p15330coll22/id/16921/rec/6

Click on the double-headed arrow and then scroll to enlarge the image.

Wreck in Colorado.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

For those wanting the full resolution photo:

http://digital.denverlibrary.org/utils/ajaxhelper/?CISOROOT=p15330coll22&CISOPTR=16921&action=2&DMSCALE=100&DMWIDTH=7000&DMHEIGHT=600081

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of "Bob Chaparro via groups.io" <chiefbobbb@...>
Date: Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 3:41 PM
To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Photo: El Paso & Southwestern Automobile Boxcar 20302[?] (Undated)

Photo: El Paso & Southwestern Automobile Boxcar 20302[?] (Undated)

A photo from the Denver Public Library:

https://digital.denverlibrary.org/digital/collection/p15330coll22/id/16921/rec/6

Click on the double-headed arrow and then scroll to enlarge the image.

Wreck in Colorado.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Keith Retterer

This is what it looked like when built in 1914.

Ralph W. Brown

Hi Keith,

Very nice photo.  I’m pretty sure that’s the first time I’ve seen a wood sheathed boxcar with end doors, or any boxcar with end doors as early as 1914.

Thanks,

Ralph Brown
Portland, Maine
PRRT&HS No. 3966
NMRA No. L2532

rbrown51[at]maine[dot]rr[dot]com

This is what it looked like when built in 1914.

Steve SANDIFER

This is (was) a Santa Fe FE-K I found in Howard, Kansas, back in 2011. It is no longer there. It was one of 500 from AC&F built in 1909. Yes, that it the original end door.  Original number 8868.

J. Stephen Sandifer