Topics

Photo: El Paso & Southwestern Automobile Boxcar 20302[?] (Undated)

Dave Parker

This has wandered pretty far off target but, yes, those drawings in the 1916 (also in the 1912) CBC are of the "B&M style" UF used on the majority (63%) of the B&M's shorty SUF XM and XA cars.

The cars actually built by Western Steel in 1908 were 40-t cars riding on Fox trucks, and had 10x12 KC hardware.  All the others, including the XA cars, were built by Laconia and were rated at 30 tons; thus the 8x12 cylinders.
_____________
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA

lrkdbn

Re the B&M cars- the 1916 CBD figure.425 on,pg.384 shows the Western Stl Car underframe for these cars.
I'm not sure if this is exactly the same as the "B&M" underframe. Note these cars had 8x12 brake cylinders-
use the Grandt Line "narrow gauge" brake set!
Larry King

earlyrail

End door cars were built early
St Paul Road (CM&StP) Racine Wagon cars built in 1884
and others
Howard Garner

akerboomk

RE: Early end door box cars

B&M car with end doors (12300 series) (with photo)

            https://www.bmrrhs.org/box_12423_series/

Built 1908-1909

They also had some built 1903 (I don’t have a photo)

            https://www.bmrrhs.org/box_12550_series/

Ken

--
Ken Akerboom

Steve SANDIFER

This is (was) a Santa Fe FE-K I found in Howard, Kansas, back in 2011. It is no longer there. It was one of 500 from AC&F built in 1909. Yes, that it the original end door.  Original number 8868.

J. Stephen Sandifer

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of "Bob Chaparro via groups.io" <chiefbobbb@...>
Date: Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 3:41 PM
To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>

Photo: El Paso & Southwestern Automobile Boxcar 20302[?] (Undated)

A photo from the Denver Public Library:

https://digital.denverlibrary.org/digital/collection/p15330coll22/id/16921/rec/6

Click on the double-headed arrow and then scroll to enlarge the image.

Wreck in Colorado.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Eric Hansmann

That CB&Q boxcar is wearing some great chalk marks!

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN