From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Ray Hutchison <rayhutchison2@...>
Sent: Sunday, January 3, 2021 6:54 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: C&NW Tank Car 6093 (1947)

I was going to ask, what group of tank cars, and what products, had this sort-of exterior scaffolding built around the tank?  An interesting modeling opportunity for sure!

Ray Hutchison

ron christensen

It is my understanding the tank cars were used in company fuel service. The western part of the system used oil as a steam engine fuel.
It might have made been used in spraying, but I suspect the company that made the spray used regular tank cars and the product stayed in that car until it was sprayed out.
Ron Christensen

Ray Hutchison

I was going to ask, what group of tank cars, and what products, had this sort-of exterior scaffolding built around the tank?  An interesting modeling opportunity for sure!

Ray Hutchison

Bill Parks

Was this used for spraying weeds along the right of way?

--
Bill Parks
Cumming, GA

Bob Chaparro

Photo: C&NW Tank Car 6093 (1947)

A photo from the Denver Public Library:

https://digital.denverlibrary.org/digital/collection/p15330coll22/id/47984/rec/84

Click on the double-headed arrow and then scroll to enlarge the image.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA