Topics

Nice images of NYC, P&LE, and PMcK&Y hoppers...

Todd Sullivan

I suffer from digital dyslexia.

Todd Sullivan

Todd Sullivan

Hi Tony,

My brain and fingers have never had a strong connection. I found out when I tried to learn a musical instrument and again when I learned to type. I do proofread what I type, but misteaks slip through.

That would be awful tasting cola. Better the COAL be coked.

Todd Sullivan

Tony Thompson

Todd Sullivan wrote:

This was an area that produced good coking cola.

    And put it into cans and bottles, I assume.

Tony Thompson

Todd Sullivan

The hoppers are USRA design triples, which Westerfield still makes in HO.  Longacre is at the east end of Smithers (I actually have a book on Smithers).  This was an area that produced good coking cola.  The Cannelton Coal & Coke Company was a big producer and started in 1857.  There are some interesting photos and information at this website: http://www.coalcampusa.com/sowv/kanawha/cannelton/cannelton.htm .

Todd Sullivan.

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)