Wilson Reefers HO

Brian Carlson

Other than older sunshine kits are there any accurate Wilson refrigerator cars In HO scale? I’m finding they were delivered to Warren Pennsylvania quite often.

Brian J. Carlson

nyc3001 .

WCLX apparently built cars to its own designs. I don't think that there are any accurate WCLX models besides the Sunshine kits, but it may be possible to kitbash one. afaik the Rapido reefers are not accurate for WCLX out of the box as they represent a GA design.

Accurate kits or models of WCLX, CRLX, NADX, Swift, and Armour meat reefers are sorely needed in HO imo. Almost every 1940s and 1950s consist with reefers that I've checked contained at least a few examples of the above cars.

-Phil

Armand Premo

Also missing are ERDX Reefers.Armand Premo

On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 1:35 AM nyc3001 . <nyc3001@...> wrote:
WCLX apparently built cars to its own designs. I don't think that there are any accurate WCLX models besides the Sunshine kits, but it may be possible to kitbash one. afaik the Rapido reefers are not accurate for WCLX out of the box as they represent a GA design.

Accurate kits or models of WCLX, CRLX, NADX, Swift, and Armour meat reefers are sorely needed in HO imo. Almost every 1940s and 1950s consist with reefers that I've checked contained at least a few examples of the above cars.

-Phil

radiodial868

How about the older Funaro & Camerlengo Resin Kit #3603 "37' Wood Meat Reefer Wilson Car Lines"? They show up on eBay from time to time.
It says it is accurate, but then it is from the era when close enough was good enough. Decals look nice. I have a kit, is there any drawings to compare against?
--
RJ Dial

Mendocino, CA

Brian Carlson

It doesn’t show up on the current F&C site so I don’t know. Heck, it may have been from when F&C was making kits for sunshine. I wasn’t into resin then, as a teen it was tough enough to afford shake the box kits.

Brian J. Carlson