Box Car Pbotos

WILLIAM PARDIE

There was an excellent color photo posted yesterday of an in-service MKT yellow auto car.  I am hoping that someone might have a similar photo of a Santa Fe Bx-3 Ice refer ( gray car),  Thanks for any help.

Bill Pardie

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Tom Madden

Here ya go, Bill. Taken at Grand Canyon on our honeymoon, September 1961. The Santa Fe reefer bible says it was formerly a Bx-3, renumbered from the 115xxx series of ice reefers in 1959..

Tom Madden

Steve SANDIFER

With a little color correction. Tanks Tom.

J. Stephen Sandifer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Madden via groups.io
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2021 8:26 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Box Car Pbotos

Here ya go, Bill. Taken at Grand Canyon on our honeymoon, September 1961. The Santa Fe reefer bible says it was formerly a Bx-3, renumbered from the 115xxx series of ice reefers in 1959..

Tom Madden

Tom Madden

Thanks, Steve. As I said, it was our honeymoon and everything was rosy. And Ektachromey. 

Tom Madden

Bill Keene

Somehow I seem to have missed seeing the post with this referenced MKT Sloan Yellow auto car. Can someone please provide a link? 

Thanks & Cheers,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Feb 1, 2021, at 6:16 PM, WILLIAM PARDIE <PARDIEW001@...> wrote:

There was an excellent color photo posted yesterday of an in-service MKT yellow auto car.  I am hoping that someone might have a similar photo of a Santa Fe Bx-3 Ice refer ( gray car),  Thanks for any help.

Bill Pardie

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Scott

Bill, it was in the resin building group.

Scott McDonald