Photo: Burlington FTs With Freight Train (Circa Late 1940s)

Bob Chaparro

Photo: Burlington FTs With Freight Train (Circa Late 1940s)

A photo from the University of Texas Libraries:

https://library.uta.edu/digitalgallery/sites/library.uta.edu.digitalgallery/files/20090000-20099999/20093874.jpg

Click on the photo to enlarge it.

Although not as detailed as we would like, there are a lot of interesting period freight cars in this photo.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Tim O'Connor

I think that's a famous publicity shot - from Wyoming or Nebraska perhaps.
I know I've seen it before.

On 2/13/2021 1:18 PM, Bob Chaparro via groups.io wrote:

Photo: Burlington FTs With Freight Train (Circa Late 1940s)

A photo from the University of Texas Libraries:

https://library.uta.edu/digitalgallery/sites/library.uta.edu.digitalgallery/files/20090000-20099999/20093874.jpg

Click on the photo to enlarge it.

Although not as detailed as we would like, there are a lot of interesting period freight cars in this photo.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Sterling, Massachusetts

Nelson Moyer

I think it’s on the Denver front range in Colorado.

Nelson Moyer

I think that's a famous publicity shot - from Wyoming or Nebraska perhaps.
I know I've seen it before.

Tom Madden

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 12:06 PM, Nelson Moyer wrote:

I think it’s on the Denver front range in Colorado.

My first thought was Palmer Lake, but I'm not a Q devotee.

Tom Madden

D. Scott Chatfield

I think it's on Crawford Hill in Nebraska.

Scott Chatfield

Tim O'Connor

Tom whenever I see a beautiful photo of a train on a curve I'm reminded of John Armstrong's
conviction that the "perfect curvature" for train watching was 5 degrees. He wasn't wrong! :-)
His layout featured a sweeping 5 degree curve - in O scale.

On 2/13/2021 4:18 PM, Tom Madden via groups.io wrote:
On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 12:06 PM, Nelson Moyer wrote:

I think it’s on the Denver front range in Colorado.

My first thought was Palmer Lake, but I'm not a Q devotee.

Tom Madden

Sterling, Massachusetts

Tim O'Connor

Scott

Yes, bingo! I now recall that name associated with this photo!

It looks somewhat different today... (and definitely not better). Very easily found photos
with Google image search for "Crawford Hill CB&Q"