Identity Of Trucks On PRR Boxcar 65356?

Bob Chaparro

Ray Breyer posted this photo on another group. Can any one identify the trucks on this car?

I assume they are an exclusive PRR design.
Thanks.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Allan Smith

Al Smith
Sonora CA

On Thursday, February 18, 2021, 11:55:58 AM PST, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Ray Breyer posted this photo on another group. Can any one identify the trucks on this car?

Thanks.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Bruce Smith

Bob,

These trucks are PRR class 2D-F24, Buckeye All Service Cushion trucks. F&C made these in resin as an add-on for their X37B kit. They were only used on about 100 X37B and some X38 cars on the PRR. Given that they are a Buckeye design, I would think that they might show up elsewhere.

Regards,
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

On Feb 18, 2021, at 1:55 PM, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Thanks.
Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA
<PRR_65356_Trucks_Ray_Breyer_Collection.jpg>

william darnaby

My Yarmouth N&W B5 boxcar came with these trucks and I am impressed with how well these resin trucks roll with IM wheel sets.

Bill Darnaby

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bruce Smith
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2021 4:45 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Identity Of Trucks On PRR Boxcar 65356?

Bob,

These trucks are PRR class 2D-F24, Buckeye All Service Cushion trucks. F&C made these in resin as an add-on for their X37B kit. They were only used on about 100 X37B and some X38 cars on the PRR. Given that they are a Buckeye design, I would think that they might show up elsewhere.

Regards,

Bruce Smith

Auburn, AL

Tim O'Connor

I'm fairly sure that's a "Colonel McCoid" photo of PRR 65356 from San Diego, from Bob's collection.

On 2/18/2021 5:43 PM, Allan Smith wrote:
Al Smith
Sonora CA

On Thursday, February 18, 2021, 11:55:58 AM PST, Bob Chaparro via groups.io <chiefbobbb@...> wrote:

Thanks.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Attachments:

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts