view of heavy duty flat ERIE 7206 with transformer loads

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

Maybe some of us might be interested in this nice 1927 view of heavy duty flat ERIE 7206 with transformer loads coming from GE...

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Schuyler Larrabee

Yeah, Claus, some of us might, like me.  Interesting photo that probably would benefit from Photoshop, which I don’t currently have.

I model the ERIE, you understand.

Schuyler

Maybe some of us might be interested in this nice 1927 view of heavy duty flat ERIE 7206 with transformer loads coming from GE...

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Tim O'Connor

Schuyler I bought a second hand copy of Photoshop 10.0 on Ebay for $10. I've been using it for a
couple of years and it works just fine. :-)

On 3/1/2021 10:01 PM, Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io wrote:

Yeah, Claus, some of us might, like me.  Interesting photo that probably would benefit from Photoshop, which I don’t currently have.

I model the ERIE, you understand.

Schuyler

Maybe some of us might be interested in this nice 1927 view of heavy duty flat ERIE 7206 with transformer loads coming from GE...

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Sterling, Massachusetts

Jack Mullen

On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 04:04 PM, Claus Schlund \(HGM\) wrote:
Maybe some of us might be interested in this nice 1927 view of heavy duty flat ERIE 7206 with transformer loads coming from GE...

Nice!
And some may also be interested in the truss-rodded flatcar still earning its keep in 1927. Steel center sills, I assume. I can only make out a few digits and parts of letters. The two level truss rods are a bit distinctive, and the queen posts seem to be a single casting for both rods.  Any recognition?

Jack Mullen

Schuyler Larrabee

No recognition, Jakc, but I find it interesting that each bracket on the side of that car has two holes in it, maybe to facilitate adding stakes to the sides?

Schuyler