Dairymens league livery. Please help.

Philip Dove

I am building an F&C resin kit of a 40' Gare milk car in the livery of Dairymans league. unfortunately the instructions only talk of livery for another car in Pullman green. The picture on the box is black and white.should the body and roof be white, very pale grey or what? it is also unclear what colour the ladders and ironwork are, Any help would be appreciated. the kit is F&C1049, according to the decals the car was built in 1927. the car illustrated is number 779.  Please specify the actual colour of the paint used, not the brand as the common brands in the Uk are different in the uk except for Vallejo and Tamiya. The trucks are not ones normally seen under a freight car, any suggestions?

Benjamin Hom

Philip Dove asked:
"I am building an F&C resin kit of a 40' Gare milk car in the livery of Dairymen's league. Unfortunately the instructions only talk of livery for another car in Pullman green. The picture on the box is black and white. Should the body and roof be white, very pale grey or what? it is also unclear what colour the ladders and ironwork are, Any help would be appreciated. the kit is F&C1049, according to the decals the car was built in 1927. the car illustrated is number 779.  Please specify the actual colour of the paint used, not the brand as the common brands in the UK are different in the UK except for Vallejo and Tamiya."

The Funaro webpage for this kit states "White with Dark Blue Roof & Ends".

"The trucks are not ones normally seen under a freight car, any suggestions?"

Milk cars were not normally handled in regular freight trains, but more akin to mail and express in dedicated trains run on faster schedules. These cars were typically equipped with high speed trucks.  My initial recommendation is Bethlehem Car Works #50004, which is a 6 ft 6 in  wheelbase truck.  A 6 ft wheelbase truck is probably too short.

Ben Hom