From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Clark Propst
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2021 10:19 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Zooming across the conutry

This morning I did a Zoom presentation for a NMRA group out in Michigan and Indiana. Besides HS2020 I know there're smaller groups having regular Zoom meetings. It's a good way for local groups to bring in 'fresh blood' for a talk. Might be something for guys to consider. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to get a speaker from elsewhere in the country. I was asked to do something for a group out in the NW, but didn't know of such things as Zoom then.
Just a thought...
Clark Propst

Philip Dove

I have been attending zoom meetings for nearly a year now, l have not encountered  time lag as a normal thing. Last week l was talking with someone in Malaysia for 4hours fifteen minutesthe screen went blank twice for periods under ten seconds due to poor signal. I have been in meetings from the UK with China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Chile, Malaysia, Germany, The Netherlands amongst other countries. Last year the contacts with China sometimes failed but now it seems better. Some people seem to have poor resolution pictures. Generally l find Zoom great even if you use free zoom meetings and have to reconnect every 40 minutes.

Sent from my Huawei phone

I just got off a Zoom call with one participant along the Space Coast, one in Queens, one outside SF and three of us in SoCal.  We had about 3-second latency on the sound.  Has anyone else experienced that, or was it just our hook-up.

Jim van Gaasbeek

Irvine, CA