PFE reefer (no road number visible) possible builders photo

Tony Thompson

Claus Schlund wrote:

PFE reefer (no road number visible) possible builders photo

Actually, that's PFE car no. 1. The number was so dirty that it has been "enhanced" slightly in white, but is hard to see. The PFE people I interviewed vouched for the authenticity of this image, but I didn't use it in the PFE book because you can't really see a clear number.
Car no. 1 certainly did survive into the 1920s to get the 1922 scheme you see in this image. The PFE shop lists show that.

Tony Thompson

lrkdbn

Not a builders photo- paint scheme is later than when this car was built: it is one of the original PFE R-30-1 or -2
cars built ca. 1906-07. Car number would be somewhere between 1 and 6600.
Larry King

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

PFE reefer (no road number visible) possible builders photo

More info at the link below...

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund