Detail Associates freight car parts.

mopacfirst

I have not tried them, but the only DA part that I really need on a regular basis other than eye bolts (which are made by quite a few manufacturers) is the coupler cut lever.  Tangent's are good, but I think they're steel and harder for me to work with.  I found a supplier previously unknown to me by googling 'coupler cut lever', and I didn't even specify HO but that's what they are.  To save you the trouble, here's the listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224371997650?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-213727-13078-0&mkcid=2&itemid=224371997650&targetid=4580771609030744&device=c&mktype=&googleloc=&poi=&campaignid=410490137&mkgroupid=1234751784804553&rlsatarget=pla-4580771609030744&abcId=9300490&merchantid=51291&msclkid=464bdd3bb0131625d75ebd4c89a0795a

Or look for Barker's Trains on eBay.  The handle end of the part is shaped a little differently than the DA one, perhaps a bit too exaggerated, and the other end (the coupler end) is straight.  I put a very short 90 degree bend in it, so I can glue it to the bottom of the coupler pocket where it's out of the way.  I was able to buy 10 pair, and I'm on my second order already.

Ron Merrick

Todd Sullivan

Schuyler,

The Prantles - Theresa and Joe - are my go-to suppliers for detail parts.  They bought Precision Scale's line of brass parts and continue to stock many Detail Associates parts.  I find it easiest to search on eBay for the part I want, and order that way, although you can call them direct.  They have an eBay store with their contact information.

Todd Sullivan

Schuyler Larrabee

“lost artwork for photo-etched parts . . . “

There are those of us who can do such artwork out here.  What parts are they in need of new artwork for?

Schuyler