SFRD Ice Hatch Latches

Tim O'Connor

Aren't there extras in the old Long's (now Intermountain) kit?

On 4/18/2021 9:30 AM, Tom Lawler wrote:
Larry,

Plano does make latches but they are not the correct style for the SFRD.

Tom

Sterling, Massachusetts

Tom Lawler

Denis,

I am no expert on reefers. I know they work for PFE, at least for the time period I model. Probably most others too. SFRD had those funky sawtooth (for lack of a better word) latches. So, someone else with far more knowledge than I will have to answer your question!

Tom

Denis Kahl

Tom,

So what prototype are the Plano ones usable for? Their website lacks that info.

Denis Kahl
Melbourne
Australia

Tom Lawler

Larry,

Plano does make latches but they are not the correct style for the SFRD.

Tom

lrkdbn

Plano makes them in etched metal...
Larry King

Scott H. Haycock

Westerfield makes some detail part sets for AC&F Reefers. I don't know if they will work for you, but you can view them toward the bottom of this page:

https://id18538.securedata.net/westerfieldmodels.com/merchantmanager/index.php?cPath=97&page=2

Scott Haycock
Modeling Tarheel country in the Land of Enchantment

Steve SANDIFER

I have made these out of brass bar.

J. Stephen Sandifer

The things that hold the hatches open! I think the rests are the triangular part for the hatch to “rest” in the full open position.

Tom

mel perry

lstch bar?
;-)

On Sat, Apr 17, 2021, 6:46 AM Tom Lawler <tjlawler@...> wrote:
The things that hold the hatches open! I think the rests are the triangular part for the hatch to “rest” in the full open position.

Tom

Tom Lawler

The things that hold the hatches open! I think the rests are the triangular part for the hatch to “rest” in the full open position.

Tom

Pierre Oliver

Latches or hatch rests?
Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com

On Apr 16, 2021, at 7:55 PM, Tom Lawler <tjlawler@crestviewcable.com> wrote:

Does anyone make SFRD Ice Hatch Latches? For whatever reason I am missing most needed to complete some Sunshine SFRD Rebuilt reefers.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom Lawler