ATSF 7127 was an Fe-22
ATSF 146225 was a Bx-37

Tim O'Connor

On 4/18/2021 9:22 AM, Gary Roe wrote:
Here is the last installment of "Daily Interchange Report of Cars" from the NJI&I to the Wabash at Pine in 1953.  The following list is dated 07May53.  All cars originated at South Bend.  I am showing Initials, Number, Destination, Contents.

gary roe
quincy, illinois

These cars were left between 10:45P and Midnight for pick up by Westbound Train 89 (Montpelier, OH to Chicago), expected at Pine around 7A on 08May.

T&P   19065   Fort Madison IA     Pipe
ATSF  146225  Chicago IL          Empty
PLE   12846   Chicago IL          Pipe
EJE   6157    Burnsville MN       Tractors
Milw  592206  Chicago IL          Empty
CB&Q  31802   Chicago IL          Empty
Milw  25624   Dallas TX           Siding
IC    20250   Denver CO           Siding
NP    12857   Chicago IL          Empty
Wab   12544   Barstow CA          Autos
Wab   12572   Barstow CA          Autos
ATSF  7127    Eau Claire WI       Autos
WP    40058   Barstow CA          Autos

Sterling, Massachusetts

Andy Laurent

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 11:19 AM, Justin Zukas wrote:
The tractor load may have been a load of Oliver 99's from Oliver's "plant two". They were a high horsepower tractor for the time and popular in the great plains states. The 99 and a couple years of the 44 were the only Oliver tractors made in South Bend as opposed to the main plant in Iowa.
Justin, I did not realize that 99s and 44s were made in South Bend.  I'm aware of Plant 2 on Walnut Street, but thought all tractor production was in Charles City.  Thanks for the info!

Andy L.
Madison, WI

Justin Zukas

The tractor load may have been a load of Oliver 99's from Oliver's "plant two". They were a high horsepower tractor for the time and popular in the great plains states. The 99 and a couple years of the 44 were the only Oliver tractors made in South Bend as opposed to the main plant in Iowa.

Andy Laurent

I am almost 100% certain that ARMCO's plant in South Bend only made corrugated drain pipe.

Andy L.
Madison, WI

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 11:24 AM, Schuyler Larrabee wrote:

Armco = metal siding.

Schuyler

Schuyler Larrabee

Armco = metal siding.