Oops... Re: Wisconsin Fish Commission Car “Badger”

Ray Hutchison

I misread a section of the website (and the sentence that I quoted) that made it clear that transportation is now by tank truck.  So I will be looking for metal trucks out on the highway labeled "live fish".  And looking for Department of Commerce decals.

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Ray,

How about state fish trucks instead? Several NORTHWOODS LAW episodes have featured such trucks of the type with a rectangular box with hatches on the top mounted on a flatbed truck. Try a Google search on "fish hatchery trucks images" and you will get a bundle, both modern and early. There are also some early trucks of the milk can delivery type shown at http://www.catskillarchive.com/rrextra/fishcar.Html .

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆