Photo: Unidentified Tank Cars (Undated)

Tom Madden

On Sat, May 29, 2021 at 08:56 AM, Ian MacKellar wrote:
They look like early AT&SF tank cars, possibly Tk.H.
It's one of the earlier Tk-C/D/E or -F. Oval domes, three tank supports between the bolsters while the later Tk-G/H/I and -J had round domes and four supports. Also tanks held in place with straps and head blocks rather than tank anchors. (Which was true of the Tk-G and -H when built, but these are definitely earlier.)

Tom Madden

Ian MacKellar

They look like early AT&SF tank cars, possibly Tk.H.

Bob Chaparro

Photo: Unidentified Tank Cars (Undated)

Photo from the Los Angeles County Natural History Museum:

https://collections.nhm.org/seaver-center/imagedisplay.php?irn=80642&reftable=ecatalogue&refirn=584692

Click on the photo to enlarge it.

“Los Angeles County, Santa Monica. Long train made up of tank cars. A smaller train of tank cars is on a second track.”

I didn’t have much luck working on this photo in Photo Shop.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA