Ends for Delaware & Hudson 36' foot boxcars.

Dave Parker

George:

Attached is the Hutchins end used on some the rebuilt D&H 36' cars.  Not at all the same as the one used on the 40 ft cars.

Hope this helps.
--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA

George Courtney

Thanks Scott, but this doesn't appear to be the end in the Sunshine kit I'm using as a basis for my model.  To help I put a new post with a photo of the Sunshine D&H end.

George Courtney

Scott

George,

I realize this is a 40ft car but are these the ends you are talking about in the link to the photo below?  I believe these are inverse Hutchins ends.

D & H Box car with Hutchins ends.

Scott McDonald

Don Burn

They also had Hutchins ends.   This is all covered in the November 1987 RMC article that had plans for the cars.

Don Burn

I thinking of building one of these in S scale.  I have a photo from Sunshine kit   In the Sunshine photo Car #23202 appears to have an end that is just riveted steel plate.  Can anyone comment on this car?  I know D&H also had wood ends and Indestructible ends but that's not what it looks like in the Sunshine Photo.

Thanks,
George Courtney

George Courtney