From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of James Brewer
Sent: Sunday, June 13, 2021 4:04 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] N&W Paint Question

Nelson,

Trucks and underframe (car cement) were black.

Jim Brewer

James Brewer

Nelson,

Trucks and underframe (car cement) were black.

Jim Brewer

Nelson Moyer

When I inquired about freight car red paints for N&W B-5 boxcars, I forgot to ask about the trucks and underbody. I have one color photo of a B-5 with what appears to be freight car red paint on the trucks, triple valve, and air cylinder. I don’t know if that’s from overspray with the car was repainted or usual practice for N&W. Did they use car cement on the underbody, i.e. do I paint it black? The roof and steel running board appears to be painted freight car red. So are the trucks and underbody freight car red or black?

Nelson Moyer