Accurail Outside Braced Box Car

Philip Taylor

Our NMRA division is going to build the Accurail 40 ft outside braced boxcar as a joint build with every one showing their results at a future meeting.   I did find the following references on Eric Hansmann’s website.

Single Sheathed Box Cars Accurail 4300

magazine.trainlife.com/rmj_1993_2/

designbuildop.hansmanns.org/a-guide-to-1920s-era-ho-scale-plastic-freight-cars/
.
Are there any other resources I should point out.  I plan to to do a short talk about the car

Thank you

Philip Taylor

Nelson Moyer

There’s a thread on the Reinfreightcarbuilders io group about kitbashing an Accurail single-sheathed ( I don’t know what outside braced means) boxcar for he IC that could give you some ideas. Search Chicagoland 2019 Mini-Kit and look up the mini-kit on Resin Car Works web site under retired kits.

Nelson Moyer