I initially thought this was a Mather car - What’s the leasing company?

Charlie Duckworth

blown up image from the next book I’m working on
I thought initially this was a Mather car but not sure.  Any thoughts or suggestions on the prototype?  Taken at East Yards on the MP in Kansas City, Mo

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Tim O'Connor

Charlie

Maybe this builder photo will help?

Tim O'Connor

On 7/12/2021 2:39 PM, Charlie Duckworth wrote:

blown up image from the next book I’m working on
I thought initially this was a Mather car but not sure.  Any thoughts or suggestions on the prototype?  Taken at East Yards on the MP in Kansas City, Mo

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts

al_brown03

Who's the builder?

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

Douglas Harding

Quaker City Livestock Express cars became part of General American Transportation’s fleet circa 1935. The QLSX reporting marks were used by General American until 1945. Could be a General American design.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

On 7/12/2021 2:39 PM, Charlie Duckworth wrote:

blown up image from the next book I’m working on
I thought initially this was a Mather car but not sure.  Any thoughts or suggestions on the prototype?  Taken at East Yards on the MP in Kansas City, Mo

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Attachments: