New Decal Available

hubert mask

Mask Island Decals Inc. pleased to announce 1 new decal steam era 1947 build.
Cotton Belt. 40’ combo door as delivered.
Please visit my web site at maskislanddecals.com.

Thank You
Mask Island Decals Inc.
Maskislanddecals.com

Hubert Mask

Scott

Hubert,

Is there an available plastic or resin kit to put these on?

Thanks
Scott McDonald

hubert mask

Not at this time.   May need to kit bash.

Hubert

On Jul 17, 2021, at 11:18 PM, Scott <repairman87@...> wrote:

Hubert,

Is there an available plastic or resin kit to put these on?

Thanks
Scott McDonald

Tim O'Connor

Sunshine kit # 44.4 is for the earlier car (1944) with 5/5 ends. But I think in all
other respects it is very similar to the 1949 cars (46300-46449) built by Mount
Vernon with 4/4 ends.

The 1944 cars had 14'6" door openings. The 1949 cars had 15'0" openings.

So a kitbash is required, but it's definitely one of the easier kitbashes. You could
start with the old C&BT double door bodies, or a Branchline body which has the
correct panel widths. You'll need Archer rivets too. Happy modeling! :-)

Tim O'Connor

===========================

On 7/17/2021 11:18 PM, Scott wrote:
Hubert,

Is there an available plastic or resin kit to put these on?

Thanks
Scott McDonald

Sterling, Massachusetts

Tim O'Connor

Sorry I meant to write "1947" -- not 1949.

Tim O'Connor

On 7/18/2021 9:02 AM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

Sunshine kit # 44.4 is for the earlier car (1944) with 5/5 ends. But I think in all
other respects it is very similar to the 1949 cars (46300-46449) built by Mount
Vernon with 4/4 ends.

The 1944 cars had 14'6" door openings. The 1949 cars had 15'0" openings.

So a kitbash is required, but it's definitely one of the easier kitbashes. You could
start with the old C&BT double door bodies, or a Branchline body which has the
correct panel widths. You'll need Archer rivets too. Happy modeling! :-)

Tim O'Connor

===========================

On 7/17/2021 11:18 PM, Scott wrote:
Hubert,

Is there an available plastic or resin kit to put these on?

Thanks
Scott McDonald

Sterling, Massachusetts

Rich C

Sunshine #40.4R is the later model with 4/4 ends. But as Tim states, using the Branchline kit along with proper doors and Archers will yield a good clone.

Rich Christie

O Fenton Wells

For some reason I got the 40 ft DD boxcar bug after Martin left us and had a terrible time finding those cars at what I considered a reasonable price.  But I started using the CB&T, McKean and Front Range kits with new doors and ends and other appliances and they look great in my opinion (yes of course I'm biased).  Here is the B&O M-59 from a  Front Range kit and Chad Boas made the ends, doors and side sill reinforcements.  Also the SAL AF-4 using a McKean kit with Chad Boas ends and doors and side sill reinforcements.  Chad has been very helpful with freight car parts but so has Speedwitch and several others.  So go for it.

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

Jeff Helm

Fenton

Outstanding models as always, Fenton.  Thank you for sharing your work.  I’m looking at my stash of CB&T, McKean and Front Range kits with new eyes!  I missed out on many of the Sunshine kits so it’s helpful to see great modeling with these alternatives, and at a more budget friendly level.
--
Cheers

Jeff Helm
The Olympic Peninsula Branch