Gon color

Clark Propst

I bought an old kit cast in yellow F&C resin of a Wabash composite gondola. I already have one, so I ordered a set of SP/T&NO decals for it. My question is beings I'll be done with this kit in a day or two what color should it be? Black or brown, around 1950.

Thanks for all replies,
Clark Propst

Paul Doggett

SP brown trucolor does it.

Paul Doggett.     England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 9 Aug 2021, at 21:48, Clark Propst via groups.io <cepropst@...> wrote:

I bought an old kit cast in yellow F&C resin of a Wabash composite gondola. I already have one, so I ordered a set of SP/T&NO decals for it. My question is beings I'll be done with this kit in a day or two what color should it be? Black or brown, around 1950.

Thanks for all replies,
Clark Propst

Tony Thompson

Clark, definitely BCR.

Tony Thompson
tony@...

Clark Propst

Thanks Tony and Paul, nice model Paul  ;  ))

One more question: What hand brakes were used on the SP/T&NO cars?

Thanks again for your replies,
Clark Propst

Paul Doggett

Clark you are welcome.
Paul

On 10 Aug 2021, at 17:24, Clark Propst via groups.io <cepropst@...> wrote:

Thanks Tony and Paul, nice model Paul  ;  ))

One more question: What hand brakes were used on the SP/T&NO cars?

Thanks again for your replies,
Clark Propst

Clark Propst

Model's done expect for the hand brake. Attached a couple photos. One of the underframe and one of grab irons. That one shows Tichy 24" grabs bent at a 90 on the end and custom bent ones on the sides using Tichy .0125" wire bought from Bob's photos at the recent StL RPM. I used that wire for the brake pipes and rods. Used something smaller from the scrap box for the retainer line.
Once I find out what handbrake to use I'll paint the thing and impatiently wait for decals....
Clark Propst

Paul Doggett

Looking good Tony should be able to tell you what handbrake wheel to use I am on holiday so have no access to my books.
Paul Doggett.   England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 10 Aug 2021, at 18:56, Clark Propst via groups.io <cepropst@...> wrote:

Model's done expect for the hand brake. Attached a couple photos. One of the underframe and one of grab irons. That one shows Tichy 24" grabs bent at a 90 on the end and custom bent ones on the sides using Tichy .0125" wire bought from Bob's photos at the recent StL RPM. I used that wire for the brake pipes and rods. Used something smaller from the scrap box for the retainer line.
Once I find out what handbrake to use I'll paint the thing and impatiently wait for decals....
Clark Propst

Attachments:

Tony Thompson

Clark, most of the T&NO cars used Ajax hand brakes. The first 200 used Klasing, a few used Universal. Tell me the class you want to model and I can be specific. Likewise on trucks. I have some photos also if you need one.

Tony Thompson
tony@...

Clark Propst

On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 05:23 PM, Tony Thompson wrote:
Tell me the class you want to model and I can be specific. Likewise on trucks. I have some photos also if you need one.

Tony Thompson
tony@...
Thanks Tony. I was given class and brake info from your book on another list. Truck types would be very helpful! I suppose I'll make it a G-50-21 blt in 49. A photo would be appreciated too.
Clark Propst

From: Clark Propst <cepropst@q.com>

Reply to Group Discard Private