Gon color

Clark Propst

On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 05:23 PM, Tony Thompson wrote:
Tell me the class you want to model and I can be specific. Likewise on trucks. I have some photos also if you need one.

Tony Thompson
tony@...
Thanks Tony. I was given class and brake info from your book on another list. Truck types would be very helpful! I suppose I'll make it a G-50-21 blt in 49. A photo would be appreciated too.
Clark Propst

From: Clark Propst <cepropst@q.com>

Reply to Group Discard Private

Tony Thompson

Clark, most of the T&NO cars used Ajax hand brakes. The first 200 used Klasing, a few used Universal. Tell me the class you want to model and I can be specific. Likewise on trucks. I have some photos also if you need one.

Tony Thompson
tony@...

Paul Doggett

Looking good Tony should be able to tell you what handbrake wheel to use I am on holiday so have no access to my books.
Paul Doggett.   England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 10 Aug 2021, at 18:56, Clark Propst via groups.io <cepropst@...> wrote:

Model's done expect for the hand brake. Attached a couple photos. One of the underframe and one of grab irons. That one shows Tichy 24" grabs bent at a 90 on the end and custom bent ones on the sides using Tichy .0125" wire bought from Bob's photos at the recent StL RPM. I used that wire for the brake pipes and rods. Used something smaller from the scrap box for the retainer line.
Once I find out what handbrake to use I'll paint the thing and impatiently wait for decals....
Clark Propst

Attachments:

Clark Propst

Model's done expect for the hand brake. Attached a couple photos. One of the underframe and one of grab irons. That one shows Tichy 24" grabs bent at a 90 on the end and custom bent ones on the sides using Tichy .0125" wire bought from Bob's photos at the recent StL RPM. I used that wire for the brake pipes and rods. Used something smaller from the scrap box for the retainer line.
Once I find out what handbrake to use I'll paint the thing and impatiently wait for decals....
Clark Propst

Paul Doggett

Clark you are welcome.
Paul

On 10 Aug 2021, at 17:24, Clark Propst via groups.io <cepropst@...> wrote:

Thanks Tony and Paul, nice model Paul  ;  ))

One more question: What hand brakes were used on the SP/T&NO cars?

Thanks again for your replies,
Clark Propst

Clark Propst

Thanks Tony and Paul, nice model Paul  ;  ))

One more question: What hand brakes were used on the SP/T&NO cars?

Thanks again for your replies,
Clark Propst

Tony Thompson

Clark, definitely BCR.

Tony Thompson
tony@...

Paul Doggett

SP brown trucolor does it.

Paul Doggett.     England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 9 Aug 2021, at 21:48, Clark Propst via groups.io <cepropst@...> wrote:

I bought an old kit cast in yellow F&C resin of a Wabash composite gondola. I already have one, so I ordered a set of SP/T&NO decals for it. My question is beings I'll be done with this kit in a day or two what color should it be? Black or brown, around 1950.

Thanks for all replies,
Clark Propst

Clark Propst