[EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] Additional interesting loads from the EJ&E

Robert G P

Thanks lots to everyone! Interesting indeed.

On Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 10:21 AM Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:
Todd,

That was a major navy depot and naval barrels were stored there. I beleive that the logic was to keep vital materials away from the coasts so that they would not be targets for carrier airstrilkes or even limited land force incursions.

Regards,
Bruce
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Todd Sullivan via groups.io <sullivant41=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2021 9:09 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] Additional interesting loads from the EJ&E

Bruce,

That's really interesting.  Why Pocatello,ID?

Todd Sullivan.

Ken Adams

The Army depot at Hawthorne, Nevada is still in use as is the Military's Sealift Command terminal at Port Chicago in the inland reaches of San Francisco Bay. Both are rail served.

Mandatory Steam Era Content:

This was my model of the ex-DRGW 36' box cars the US Navy bought to replace cars destroyed in the 1944 Port Chicago explosion disaster.

--
Ken Adams

David Soderblom

And maybe Pocatello is a dry environment ?

Sent from my tricorder

Bruce Smith