[Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Facilities and Tank Cars?

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Jim;

There most certainly was, in many cases.

For my area of interest, certain industries, utilities and RRs got their tank cars from specific suppliers.

There were Stauffer tanks going to Stauffer, USS and GATX tanks going to USSteel’s Clairton Works, and strings of UTLX tanks going to PRR’s engine facilities when UTL had the lease.

That is why I have a very specific tank car fleet😊

Elden Gatwood