Where does the ‘Empty Return’ Stencils go on n an SP SS boxcar?

Charlie Duckworth

I’m decaling the Speedwitch SP A-50-4 and plan to use it going to a lumber yard on the layout.  The decals have a white backed decals for returning the empty car to Eugene.  I’ve looked through several books but can’t find an example on where it goes on the car.  One side is angled so I assume it’s against a ‘Z’ brace.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Eric Hansmann

If it’s on a white background, maybe it’s a placard.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On Aug 24, 2021, at 6:09 PM, Charlie Duckworth <omahaduck@...> wrote:

<4AA808E3-6051-490F-9B99-C8F74CBF03F1.jpeg>I’m decaling the Speedwitch SP A-50-4 and plan to use it going to a lumber yard on the layout.  The decals have a white backed decals for returning the empty car to Eugene.  I’ve looked through several books but can’t find an example on where it goes on the car.  One side is angled so I assume it’s against a ‘Z’ brace.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Charlie Duckworth

Could be but it’s angled and placards were rectangular.  Before computer routing many ‘agent assigned’ cars were stenciled with specific empty return information.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

hubert mask

I checked Dick Harley’s sp book and didn’t see any examples for that time being.

Hubert

On Aug 24, 2021, at 8:05 PM, Charlie Duckworth <omahaduck@...> wrote:

Could be but it’s angled and placards were rectangular.  Before computer routing many ‘agent assigned’ cars were stenciled with specific empty return information.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Douglas Harding

Believe this photo shows where. I think it came via Tim O’Connor.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

I’m decaling the Speedwitch SP A-50-4 and plan to use it going to a lumber yard on the layout.  The decals have a white backed decals for returning the empty car to Eugene.  I’ve looked through several books but can’t find an example on where it goes on the car.  One side is angled so I assume it’s against a ‘Z’ brace.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Another example.