Color recommendation for post 1945-1950 painted GN SS single door boxcar

Todd Sullivan

Charlie,

What intrigues me is the old 1930s-40s herald on that GN USRA (or USRA copy) boxcar ... in 1956!

Todd Sullivan

Charlie Duckworth

Great color; what a lousy place to clean up a derailment.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Robert kirkham

It isn’t model paint information, but FYI, there is a nice video of a train wreck showing a GN car in April 1954 at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdtnVk2M3YU

Rob

On Sep 14, 2021, at 5:52 AM, Richard Remiarz <rremiarz@...> wrote:

Charlie,

For mineral red I use Tru-Color TCP-214.  During the 1950’s, until October 1, 1956, the entire car including underbody and trucks would be painted mineral red.  After October 1 the GN began repainting cars with vermillion red.  For vermillion painted cars the trucks and underbody were painted mineral red.

Sincerely,
Rich Remiarz
Vadnais Heights, MN
Editor/Coordinator GNRHS Modelers’ Pages

Sent from Mail for Windows