Trucks on Lancaster and Chester Box Car

Tim O'Connor

First one appears to be a Barber sideframe with spring plank (Tahoe or Exactrail perhaps?).

The second photo is a Barber without a spring plank (Branchline truck).

Tim O'Connor

P.S. We could really use an UPDATE of the Richard Hendrickson PDF of model trucks, as at least
a dozen new and quite excellent trucks have been produced since that document was finished.

On 9/24/2021 4:32 PM, Mark Rossiter wrote:
I am still trying to become proficient in identifying the various freight car trucks.  Would someone please identify the trucks under this Chester and Lancaster box car?  I believe they have spring planks, but I am no expert.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=5517191

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=5150712

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Mark Rossiter

Sterling, Massachusetts

Jim Gates

Yes on the 1957 photograph. Looks like no on the 1971 photograph.

Jim Gates

On Friday, September 24, 2021, 03:32:52 PM CDT, Mark Rossiter <mrossiter327@...> wrote:

I am still trying to become proficient in identifying the various freight car trucks.  Would someone please identify the trucks under this Chester and Lancaster box car?  I believe they have spring planks, but I am no expert.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=5517191

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=5150712

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Mark Rossiter

George Courtney

Somewhat off topic, but not entirely.  The writing No Wage Freeze dates this photo to the President Nixon-Ford years.  I remember it well along with WIN buttons.

George Courtney

Mark Rossiter