From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Clark Propst via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2021 6:49 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] CB&Q 50' box car help

At a train show last Sunday I picked up a P2K kit of a CB&Q 50’ DD box car for $6. I usually have a RMJ or RP Cyc article of a car I’m modeling, but not this time (unless I missed something?). I cruised through the underframe assemble, but hit a wall on the trucks. Are the kit supplied trucks correct? Maybe or ASF A-3s? I've come to believ 'most' of the stuff in these kits is correct. But the trucks and other parts I'm about to mention are pretty much generic in my opinion. I looked at the B end parts on the sprue. There’s a crude Ajax hand wheel with a gear box that’s (to the best of my knowledge) not Ajax. Is Ajax correct? Is the wood running board correct. Guess that’s what I need to know to finish it?
Clark

Douglas Harding

A review of the Proto 2000 cars and its history by Richard Hendrickson is in Railmodel Journal, October, 1995. http://magazine.trainlife.com/rmj_1995_10/ page 20

Doug Harding