Proto Accumate Couplers

Andy Carlson

Hi folks.

I was mentioning to a fellow STMFC'er today about my preferred couplers and draft gear boxes, the Accurail Protoi-Accumate couplers. He said he has been un able to to acquire any, so I did a quick on-line search and came up zero, with the exception of a 12 pack of the solitary Proto Accumate draft gear boxes (Which by the way is what inspired me to standardize on Proto-Accumate couplers years ago). If someone reading this has never seen a Proto Accumate draft gear set find one to look at, quite nice (even Byron Rose approves0.

Are these couplers out of production? Glad I have a case of 144 pairs still upstairs.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

Eric Hansmann

The Accurail scale size couplers and gear boxes have been out of stock at Accurail for several months. They are my standard and my supply is getting low. I asked Dennis Storzek about the coupler availability. He recommended sending an inquiry to the Accurail email address.

Accurail at Accurail.com

Let them know how many you plan to purchase. I splurge on 100 pair. The more requests they receive, the sooner the tooling will be scheduled for production.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

I was mentioning to a fellow STMFC'er today about my preferred couplers and draft gear boxes, the Accurail Protoi-Accumate couplers. He said he has been un able to to acquire any, so I did a quick on-line search and came up zero, with the exception of a 12 pack of the solitary Proto Accumate draft gear boxes (Which by the way is what inspired me to standardize on Proto-Accumate couplers years ago). If someone reading this has never seen a Proto Accumate draft gear set find one to look at, quite nice (even Byron Rose approves0.

Are these couplers out of production? Glad I have a case of 144 pairs still upstairs.

-Andy Carlson

Ojai CA

Dennis Storzek

On Tue, Dec 7, 2021 at 02:24 PM, Eric Hansmann wrote:

The Accurail scale size couplers and gear boxes have been out of stock at Accurail for several months. They are my standard and my supply is getting low. I asked Dennis Storzek about the coupler availability. He recommended sending an inquiry to the Accurail email address.

Accurail at Accurail.com

Let them know how many you plan to purchase. I splurge on 100 pair. The more requests they receive, the sooner the tooling will be scheduled for production.

As Eric said, they are not intentionally out of production... But, since this Covid thing struck we've been short staffed, and the ProtoHO Accumate is the victim of not being used in any of our kits. It gets scheduled, then life interferes and it gets bumped so that something needed for the kits in production can be run. Our production manager keeps the e-mails; in hopes that he can show that there are ready sales that we are missing out on.

Bear with us.

Dennis Storzek
Accurail, Inc.