Another Question On Tools

WILLIAM PARDIE

Earlier this year I bought an electric rotary tool which I believe was recommended on this list (I often do this).  I only took a close look at it this morning.  The item has a silver barrel about seven inches long.  There is a speed regulator on the cord and it runs very quietly.  There is no manufacturer or other marking on the item.  It runs very smoothly and was made in China (What isn't).  On the shafts a smooth brass fitting about 3/8 " in diameter and 5/8"  in length.  I don t see how you could mount any type of cutting tool or drill to this.

Help please :

Bill Pardie

Joseph

My two( bought one for a buddy) came with a chuck is a little yellow plastic box about 1” cube.  I later glued the chuck to that brass shaft.   I got tired of it slipping off…
Joe Binish

On Wed, Dec 8, 2021 at 6:45 PM WILLIAM PARDIE <PARDIEW001@...> wrote:

Earlier this year I bought an electric rotary tool which I believe was recommended on this list (I often do this).  I only took a close look at it this morning.  The item has a silver barrel about seven inches long.  There is a speed regulator on the cord and it runs very quietly.  There is no manufacturer or other marking on the item.  It runs very smoothly and was made in China (What isn't).  On the shafts a smooth brass fitting about 3/8 " in diameter and 5/8"  in length.  I don t see how you could mount any type of cutting tool or drill to this.

Help please :

Bill Pardie

Scott H. Haycock

I have a similar tool that came with a set of 4 chucks, like a pin vise, each chuck has a set screw to attach it to the shaft, and it's own screw-on tightening tube for small bits.

If you mic the shaft and google that, plus drill chucks,  you may find something that will work.

Scott Haycock
ent